There are many harmful reactions that can happen to you because of mold and mildew at your home. Some of these aftermaths of the powdery, dirty signs are running nose, excessive sneezing, rashes on skin, etc. And because of these petty problems, several other severe diseases may happen to you.
Why mold and mildew grow?
Nothing can stop the nature! It is a well-said statement, which deems perfectly fit when associated with the development of mold and mildew. These are a natural (botanical) growth, which oftentimes originates in humid environments. Found in both indoor and outdoor areas, mold is a bacterial layer that grows in wet surroundings. According to scientific studies, there are many types of these bacteria, and ‘all of them grow in wet and watery settings’.
Since they are bacteria, they can cause, as mentioned earlier, many health problems to the people living around.
Not only do these developments make your house look unattractive and release a hazily bad smell, but also are quite dangerous. Thereby, testing out for the presence of these bacteria and removing them using some rock-solid way outs become an essential stunt. Described below are a few testing procedures, following which you can test and make your house habitable -
Check the home kit, make sure it has all the parts included. As a first step, what you have to do is to purchase a home mold and mildew testing kit. There are various websites, from where you can purchase this kit, which usually contains different kinds of swabs, test strips, or vials, and other mold collection agents; and airtight plastic bags, in which you place the samples of the botanical development, collected from different areas of your house. The kit also comes with an instruction manual, which will guide you throughout the testing process.
Spot the areas, which show signs of moisture or mold development. The corners in your bathroom, kitchen, the vent of air conditioner, surroundings of drain pipes, corners of doors, and the walls on the other side of which are open areas, corners of the floors, and ceiling are the places that are most likely to get affected from molds and mildews.
Using the test strips. Once you have spotted the areas, what you have to do is to use the swab or the strip that is one of the key contents of your mold testing kit. For this, follow the (picture) instructions, enunciated in the instruction manual.
Put the test strip into the air tight plastic bag. Now you have to place the strip(s) into the poly bag(s) carefully, without letting it touch your fingers or other body parts.
Completing the paperwork, and sending it across at the lab. In the final step, you have to fill up the form and place into the envelope; and send it to the concrete testing lab, address of which is usually pre-printed on the cover.
Depending on the results declared by the laboratory, you have to take the action, and call in the experts, to provide you a sound solution for the problem.
Post time: 02-01-2017