These are typical instructions following the procedure. Consult with your doctor to make sure these apply to you. Even though the plastic surgery costs for Hydrogel buttocks injections are a lot less than implants, it is still an investment and should be well looked after. Hopefully literally!
- After the application of Hydrogel, the area will appear red and swollen for approximately 48 hours, also due to the strong massage given in order for the product to spread evenly under the skin. Some areas may seem larger than other areas, but they will even out in approximately two weeks.
- There can be a small sepage of the Hydrogel after its application in the body area. It will subside after the first 48 hours.
- The patient may feel some pain in the body area, similar to sore muscle pain after having exercised a lot, and there might be a slight increase in body temperature.
- The swelling of the injected area will decrease after approximately 48 hours. That is why the touch up with Hydrogel will take place two days after, in order to see where the necessary corrections must be done.
- Expect some reduction in volume, size and projection after the first treatment, it is absolutely normal and to be expected.
- The final results will be seen after approximately one month, when the Hydrogel will be completely encapsulated.
- Stretch marks may occur due to the rapid increase in size with Hydrogel implants
The final size and shape depends on what volume your buttocks had before the procedure and the amount of Hydrogel injected. If your skin is elastic, or there is excess skin more Hydrogel can be injected. However if your skin is not elastic and very tight this will lower the amount of Hydrogel that can be injected.
1. Start taking your antibiotics the day before your procedure, if possible. If not, then please begin the day of your procedure and continue for 6 days.
2. Every time after showering, disinfect and put a gauze compress over the small hole in the body area where the Hydrogel has been injected. A strip of adhesive tape can be placed over the gauze in order to keep it in place
Things not to do for patients receiving Hydrogel Buttock Enhancement
DO NOT sleep on your back for 24 hours after your treatments. Please sleep face down or, if your doctor recommends otherwise, you may sleep on your side.
DO NOT sit down for long periods of time especially on any hard surface. 45 minutes is the maximum amount of time you should be sitting down without getting up. This applies for the first 24 hours after each treatment.
DO NOT take very hot baths or very cold baths/showers.
DO NOT put ice packs or heating packs on the area treated with Hydrogel
DO NOT perform excess high impact sports such as jumping, running, etc.
DO NOT expose the area treated by Hydrogel to direct sunlight until all bruising and swelling has completely disappeared, that is, approximately for 21 days (this includes your face area too.)
DO NOT have any sexual intercourse for the first 48 hours.
Things to do for patients receiving Hydrogel Buttock Enhancement
DO walk around in air conditioned areas.
DO massage the body area where the Hydrogel has been injected. Ask Dr. Di Blasi to show you how to massage the area. You will need to do this everyday for one month, twice a day.
DO take anti-inflammatory medication 2 times a day for 4 days.
DO work out after your treatment, but only do the following: walking, swimming, lozenges, stretching and Pilates.
Post time: 02-12-2017